ChatGPT, OpenAI’s megahit chatbot, has found its way into Apple’s Smartwatch collections. The integration is called watchGPT. watchGPT allows you to communicate with ChatGPT directly from your Apple Watch. Hidde van der Ploeg, the developer, posted this information on Twitter after submitting it for review a few days ago.
I’m happy to announce that watchGPT is now available on the App Store…Say hello to a new little assistant right on your wrist.@hiddevdploeg
The features and the services it offers as an AI chatbot are quite comparable. Users of the watchGPT can ask ChatGPT questions and share quick answers via text, email, or social media.
Thanks to watchGPT, users can now create even longer messages without typing. However, it is currently unknown how many words it can handle. It can also be set up as a complication on your Apple Watch face for easy access. It does not collect user data, according to 9to5mac, and is accessible in English, Dutch, French, and Spanish.
The app is now available for download on the App Store, though only in a few locations. In addition to bringing new features like vocal input, a unique API key, and access history, it is presently working to become universally accessible.
Read Also: ChatGPT: All the frenzy around AI as Google makes a move
OpenAI’s ChatGPT made available for commercial use
With the introduction of ChatGPT, the five-month-old language model developed into one of the best AI chatbots overall, thanks to its functionality, adaptability, and free availability. As the first app to achieve 100 million active users in just three months of launch, it is also the fastest-growing app in history.
This new fame has attracted many tech companies in the space, and OpenAI, the parent company, has made the tool available for incorporation into external apps while offering paid access for interested persons who wish to use the software’s ability to answer questions and generate text in their applications and products.
Some companies adopting this method include Instacart Inc., Shopify Inc., Meta, Canva, Snap Inc., PayBito, etc. The Apple Watch integration is one of the latest for the Ai chatbot.
Read Also: OpenAI to launch ChatGPT Professional, a premium paid version of the chatbot
How to use ChatGPT on your Apple Smartwatches
Setting up to use
- Buy the app, watchGPT from your App Store —the app cost ($3.99). Once downloaded, it will be installed on the watch itself.
- Open the Apple Watch’s app list by pressing the crown. Scroll down its app list until you find watchGPT and tap to open it.
- Once you do that, you will see the watchGPT’s mascot. Tap the “Ask me Anything” box and input your question. Once you press the “Done” button, the app will start generating the response.
- Voila, you have ChatGPT at the wrist of your hands.
Sharing the AI response
- To share the answer, scroll down and tap on the “Share” button.
- Once that is done, select which means you prefer; iMessage, email, or social media.
- Voila, you have shared the response.
Adding watchGPT to the home screen
- Open the watch home screen, and press on the watch face to go into editing mode. Once there, tap the “Edit” button to begin.
- Swipe left until you get to the complications tab. Once you see it, tap on the complication you want to replace.
- You will now see a list of available complications. Scroll down until you see watchGPT and tap it.
- Once done, tap anywhere or press the crown to go to the watch face, and you are done.
- And voila, ChatGPT is now on your Apple Watch home screen, making it easily accessible.
Read Also: What you need to know about ChatGPT, the chatbot everyone is talking about
Get the best of Africa’s daily tech to your inbox – first thing every morning.
Join the community now!