Applications are open for the 2018 VC4A Venture Showcase funding round. Organised by the highly reputable VC4Africa platform, the venture showcase is targeted at African startups looking to raise between $250k and $5 million.
African scale-up looking to raise between $250K and $5M? Apply for @VC4Africa Venture Showcase – Series A, part of Africa Early Stage Investor Summit to catch all Africa's early-stage investors in one room! https://t.co/DjEYXuFXsM… #AESIS2018 #scaleup #SeriesA #Africa
— ABAN Angels (@ABANAngels) August 1, 2018
The funding round is scheduled to hold between 11 and 12 November during the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit in Cape Town.
Last year, the summit also played host to a similar funding round. However, applications were not opened to all. Only 20 startups from the XL Africa program were showcased instead. This led to an impressive round of funding which totalled $12 million.
This year, VC4A is looking to build on that platform and has opened the application process to African startups developing products and services for use in various industries.
What to Expect
- Selected startups get an all-expense-paid trip to Cape Town between 9 and 16 November.
- Selected startups get the chance to pitch to Africa’s widest network of venture capitalists and investors.
- 20 mins private sessions with investors in a private room.
- Two days networking exposure with investors, including Speaker Cocktail and Industry Leaders dinner.
- Mentorship and pitch training by VC4A partners.
- Exclusive invites to pitch training organized by other partner platforms.
- Interested startups must be registered as a for-profit venture and be an independent legal entity.
- Must have developed a working minimum viable product and is currently generating revenue.
- Startups must have developed a product or service that is truly innovative and designed to scale.
- Management staff must compose a team of no less than 3 highly qualified persons.
- The business operates in at least one African country.
- Only startups seeking investments between $250k and $5 million may apply.
Criteria for Selection
Selection for the 2018 VC4A Venture Showcase funding round pays attention to four core areas:
- Innovativeness and Scalability
- Market Traction & Financials
- Strategy for Growth
- Management team
Each area carries an equal score.
The deadline for submissions is August 20. So hurry now and begin the application process!
Get the best of Africa’s daily tech to your inbox – first thing every morning.
Join the community now!